Two abortion clinics in Michigan closed this past spring and the abortionist who ran them, who was facing charges of killing a woman in a botched abortion, declared bankruptcy.
But that didn’t keep Reginald Sharpe from continuing to endanger women and kill babies. Yesterday, while he was on duty at Summit Medical Center in Detroit, an ambulance was called to rush a woman to the hospital.
Pro-life activists outside the facility told Operation Rescue that the woman was in obvious distress. This incident mirrors another in March of this year, when another woman in Sharpe’s “care” was rushed from the clinic in an ambulance after a second-trimester abortion.
Sharpe has been on pro-life organizations’ radar for quite some time. Operation Rescue, Jill Stanek, LifeNews and others have written extensively on him, including this piece Ms. Stanek wrote that was published on LifeNews on March 26:
“As many abortionists are found to be over the course of time, abortionist Reginald Sharpe is a menace to society.
The rap sheet against Sharpe is long.
Sharpe’s medical license was placed on probation in 1998 for illegally administering drugs and was suspended in 2005 after he botched an illegal 27-week abortion. Sharpe was busted in 2008 for illegally dumping patient records, aborted babies, medical waste, and syringes. In 2010 Medicaid revoked Sharpe’s certification for unspecified “fraud and abuse, false billing, or kickbacks.”
In addition, Sharpe has been sued at least five times:
• March 2006: Sharpe/Northland Family Planning abortion clinic paid a $50,000 settlement for failure to diagnose an ectopic pregnancy, which led to the loss of a fallopian tube.
• January 2009: Sharpe sued for committing an abortion without the mother’s consent. Case is on appeal.
• April 2011: Sharpe sued by the family of a woman who died following an abortion, for perforating her uterus and lacerating a uterine blood vessel, intestines, and liver.
• August 2012: After missing an ectopic pregnancy during an abortion on April 2011, Sharpe sued after the mother’s fallopian tube burst.
• August 2012: Sharpe sued for an August 2011 botched abortion after leaving a baby’s head inside a mother’s uterus and fetal parts floating in her abdomen as well as puncturing her uterus at least seven times.”
And yet there he was yesterday at Summit Medical Center, performing an abortion on a woman who probably had no idea what sort of “doctor” she had chosen to end the life of her child.
In my book, “Recall Abortion,” I devoted a chapter to the “safety” of abortion and recount in heart-breaking detail about how many women have suffered and died from this procedure that has nothing to do with health care or with women’s rights. Every time new clinic regulations are proposed, the pro-aborts call it a war on women but let’s be honest. Isn’t abortion the real war on women? Isn’t it time to recall abortion?
To sign the petition to recall abortion or to order the book, go to www.recallabortion.com
To read more about Reginald Sharpe and Summit Medical Center, go to